Where is everyone from?

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

peg_legs

Re: Where is everyone from?

Post by peg_legs »

Anyone interested in setting up user groups, check out the post "user groups".
If all that are interested post there we may be able to start something that
could add some more fun to our CNC work wiht our Shark's!

Mike

dbonds

Post by dbonds »

Hey Ya'll,
I'm from the steamy South. Robertsdale, Alabama (small town USA). We're about 18 miles from the Gulf of Mexico otherwise know as the BP Project! I have the Shark Pro, learning it and loving it. I do small signs for the home, but want to get into 2 sided carving and just other stuff. I really like the Shark Pro, it's the first CNC I've ever used so it is all new for me. I'm trying to get proficient in cutting pockets and fitting the artwork into the pockets. I'm doing it but I'm not satisfied with my work yet. Anyone have a good way to get a nice tight pocket? I've included a photo of one of my signs that I pocketed the fish into. Also, I purchased Cut 3D several months ago but still can't get it to run right. I've copied the Vcarve PP for the shark and put it into the Cut 3D pp folder, but it still doesn't show in the drop down. Help.

Diane :shock:
Attachments
MAHI MAHI.JPG

peg_legs

Post by peg_legs »

RapidDog,
I live in Madison Heights, MI (I 696 & I 75), I guess we are "Shark" neighbors! What type of "stuff" do you use your Shark for?
I've had my Shark pro for about 6 weeks now and have been doing a lot of speciaal signs for a large customer. I would like to
start getting into 3D plaques as I have a number of retired (as I am) military friends that would enjoy one that reminds them
of there military service. I have a number of ideas but my trouble is I can't draw.

Drop me a note, we may be able to share some ideas, in person, phone or email.

Mike
(peg_legs)

P.S. I set up a semi-portable, on casters, work table / bench for my Shark Pro. I will post photos when I get the chance.
And I have found a new work surface, when I get it mounted / set up I will post the pohtos of it too.

Bruce Tainter

Post by Bruce Tainter »

I'm Bruce from Quincy Massachusetts, I've been wanting to purchase a CNC machine for some time now but the software was a tough sell. After a lot of research in all CNC Router and Plasma machines out there. The only reasonable priced machine with decent software that I could find was Plasma Cam, with a third party change over to a router and graphic scribe for me was the only way to go. Then I noticed that Vetric trial software with their upgrades so I gave it a try, I was hooked. Then I heard that Next Wave Automation was coming out with a new bigger and better machine for Rockler. I purchased my CNC Shark Pro New and after about four week wait I receive it two weeks ago. I have to say that with the support of Rockler store manager Dave LaPorte and staff, Rockler backing the CNC Shark with some great communications and this web site, Vectric, free trial offer and web site this is the bet for the money. The machine came well packaged very easy to assemble, connect to computer and get up in running in no time. The software has great support and easy to load and use and they also include extra software. I'll let you know how I made out after running it through some more projects. So far everything has been a plus.

Bruce

Bob T

Post by Bob T »

Hi everyone, My name is Bob and I live in Richmond, RI about 10 mins. from the CT border. I have the Shark Pro and really enjoy it.

davespenden

Post by davespenden »

Hello folks,
My name is Dave and I live in Lakeville Minnesota. I am really surprised to see that I am the first one to introduce myself from Minnesota. The hobby seems to be pretty good here. I purchased my Shark Pro in March, have had a lot of fun with it doing signs, cribbage boards and such. I am now wanting to sell the Shark Pro and pay the additional funds for the Pro Plus. I also make pens on the side and of course both of these are hobbies. I am hoping to set up a nice retirement niche for when that time comes.

Thanks talk soon
Dave

fbrittain

Post by fbrittain »

Hi Folks, I'm fbrittain,( Felix Brittain), Fort Myers, Fl for the last 35 years or so. I have the shark pro and have been having fun with it.

jim westergard

Post by jim westergard »

Hi Tony and everyone else. I am from Idaho Falls, Idaho. I am a new owner of the pro plus, and have yet to get it working. Having all kinds of problems, been on the phone with Chris at Rockler, what a great guy. I have also talked with the Next Wave people. Not so great. They should have someone to handle or at least answer their calls. I am just about to ship this back. Have spent three weeks at least three hrs each day and still have many questions. Have a Great Dat.
Jim Westergard jimwester@gmail.com

weebmistress

Post by weebmistress »

Hello,
I'm Michelle and live in Riveside, Ca. I haven't bought my Shark Pro yet, but I do see a nice Christmas gift coming my way.
The username Weebmistress is from raising horses and Wee B Morgans was the barn name....so no :twisted: thoughts!
Hoping to get ideas from everyone and hope some day I too can help out. Bear with my questions they maybe on the dumb side :roll:

Jarrahman

Post by Jarrahman »

Hi all

I thought I had already posted on this thread but can't see it so here I go.

My name is Errol, Yes after Errol Flynn the actor from way back.

I live in a small town called Gidgegannup in Old Toodyay ( pronounced 2J ) RD Decimal degrees Lat -31. 791781 Long 116.197284 for those of you who use Google Earth. The town is 40 kilometers North West of the City of Perth Western Australia and is arguably the most remote City in the world.

I started my working life completing an apprenticeship as a Cabinet Maker. Of course fate interrupted my life and I was call up to do a stint in National Service. After living the life in the Army I decided that when I got out I didn't want to spend my life in a workshop so I joined the Police Force. Let me tell you being a Police Office was like being in a war zone every day of the year. It burnt me out after 33 years and I retired medically unfit. I still like to work with wood especially a tree grown over here called Jarrah. Beautiful dark reddish hardwood. Anyway that's enough from me.

I recently purchased a CNC Shark Pro using Vcarve Pro as the interface between the computer and the CNC. Having a few little problems ( Not the machine of software) but me interpreting the software.

Hopefuly some one mabe ablto help if I can't get it sorted.