Welcome to CNC Shark Talk!

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

renceg

Re: Welcome to CNC Shark Talk!

Post by renceg »

NCP wrote:Thanks for the welcome. Here's my basic problem. I have a SharkPro running V carve on a Toshiba with Windows 7. When I try to use the "jog" command to set the machine to 0,0,0 it works fine for the first couple of jogs but then instead of jogging a small distance it switches to fast jog and goes beyond the point I'm trying to set to 0,0,0.

"Jog" is the same as scroll on my computer. When I scroll it will move up or down one line per touch of the scroll button for the first few lines and then it switches to fast scroll. How do I get control of this?
I have used the set comand and the move comand. It is a bit slow but it gests there.
C G Chambers

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

thank you should be getting my shark pro next week.I will get my stand built and ready when it shows up.I have ran cnc grinders and mills and programed these machines.now retired after 40 years as a toolmaker iam ready to get started.This is a great site I know i will learn alot.thanks Basecircle

carl.thomas

Post by carl.thomas »

I have had my Shark for about 8 monthes and still can't get it to work. Is there someone close to Elmore County Alabama that I can talk to or visit.

BobA

Post by BobA »

Hi Carl,

You have probably seen on the forum the Topic "Show us where you are". The Closest users that is listed is Mike Woycke located in Theodore, AL (192 miles from you). He has a phone listed 251-422-4231. There is a Tim Collins at Milton, FL (151 miles from Elmore). I am located in Manchester, TN. Have you tried calling Rockford or New Wave. From the forum everyone seems always happy to help.

Bob

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

For anyone looking for Shark support please call the support line at 419 491-4520.
This is support for the machine issues not learning Vcarve programming.
For Vcarve issues besides having trouble with a post processor you need to contact
vectric vcarve forum.
The support techs are available for 9-5 eastern time and if noone is not available then leave a message and someone will call you back.

Thanks

Tim

ollie85

Post by ollie85 »

Hi

I just set up the shark and wanted to run a little test before carving anything. When loading any tool path file, I get an error in the control panel stating: Load error:Error Line 2 Nested comment found. I don't know what to do at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have a shark pro plus machine.

Thanks!

Loudspeakerboy

Post by Loudspeakerboy »

Thanks for the welcome..

I just bought a used CNC Shark. It's like new (Purchased 2-25-2010). I payed about half price for it icluding the colt router and a computor running Vcarve 5.5. I felt kind of bad for the guy, but I did give him his full asking price.

I am a Luthier (I make stringed musical instuments) and am hoping to use the Shark to do my head plate, and finger board inlay. I can do it by hand, but it's become tedous. I am also hoping to carve bridges and cut the roset channels. Carving the bridge is the only part I'm a little grey on. I'm not sure Vcarve is going to be able to do it. I'm pretty sure it will. Any thoughts?

Thanks again..

rickallyn

Post by rickallyn »

Did you get any further information? I am looking at the tool for the same purpose and I'm wondering about cutting shell without too much breakage. Has anyone used it for abalone or mother of pearl?

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

Inlays the Shark will do. I dont know how to do mother of pearl. I not sure how that will cut or how bit of a bit you need to use. Some of the gun owners that create gun handle inlays might be able to tell you.

plantationshutter

Post by plantationshutter »

Thank You. Just purchased a Shark HD. So glad that this forum exists.