Post by Chiefmedic »

Thanks Buc I will give it a try!

Dave

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Starting and Stoping Middle of G Code

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Dave,

This post is an alternative to using the split mechanism - http://cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1897. No claims as to it being 'better', but I have used it in very limited circumstances.

I agree with Tim's previous statement, and have found minor differences where the 'split' ended and began.
tmerrill wrote: Realize that Tape Splitting was added to support CNC machines that were memory limited or restricted to running a set number of lines of code at a time. I have tested it and used it in actual projects and while it works, it was not intended for this purpose. One issue you may very well see are lines where one cut file has stopped and the next starts. This can be caused by wood movement overnight and/or a difference in the bit's Z-zero setting if your machine doesn't hold position while shutdown or paused. Not saying it will happen, but you should realize the possibility exists. And believe me, if it happens in a detailed area of the carving you aren't going to easily sand it out.
Tim
So far I've been able to cure these in a relatively short time and using a sand mop.