My System

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

CountryWoodCrafts

My System

Post by CountryWoodCrafts »

I am posting pictures of my Shark Pro Plus Modified. The deck is 62" long by 28" wide. The cutting area is 51" by 25 1/2"
I will be enclosing the top with panels.I will vent it with a fan and vacuum system.
I reversed the X and Y axises to give the right orientation for cutting long boards. As you see I have mounted the controller into a front panel of the cabinet.
I plan on using Oak boards to finish the top with either T-slots cut into the boards or T-track. . . haven't decided just yet . . .
Copy of DSCF3418.JPG
Copy of DSCF3416.JPG
Copy of DSCF3415.JPG
Last edited by CountryWoodCrafts on Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

REG

Re: My System

Post by REG »

:o Just too awesome. That long runway can come in handy.

RhB_HJ

Post by RhB_HJ »

Hmmmm, yes that is slick! :o Now you just need to tell us where you sourced the components. ;)

BTW I looked at larger machines too, but figured our work would make use of the "extra" only about 5% of the time. Would be interesting to know how much "extra" went into your system? :?: :?:
Cheers

HJ
_______
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

Mr. Derby

Post by Mr. Derby »

Very nice set up! Is there a limit as to how long you could make it? Woulld 96" lenth be possible? What mods would be required? ;)

CountryWoodCrafts

As far as using the extra length I am planning on doing big signs, fireplace mantles, table carvings, and headboards. . .
Customizing baseboards for people would also be an interest.

I am contacting the responsible person to field the other questions on availability and pricing.

fdownwind

Post by fdownwind »

That is VERY bad a$$! What type of supports for the long axis? How do you order them like that? Can you get better motors? Sorry for twenty questions, but I sold my Pro to upgrade to the PLUS and i would sure prefer a set-up like that. Any chance you could post some pics of the different axis's?

cdat

Post by cdat »

Really nice set up. I'd be worried about tripping over those caster legs though. :roll:
Let's revisit the whole "Hope I die before I get old" Thing.

CountryWoodCrafts

If you notice I have outriggers with the casters on. . . I have two more to install which will give me a total of 6 casters with 275lb load carry on each. I tried unbalancing it and you can't get it to go over if you try . . .very stable.

MoHawk

Post by MoHawk »

That is a very nice setup. I am new to the forum, so I am doing research on how I would like to setup my system. Your post has given me a lot of great ideas. I will be looking forward to updates on how your setup performs.

CountryWoodCrafts

MoHawk wrote:That is a very nice setup. I am new to the forum, so I am doing research on how I would like to setup my system. Your post has given me a lot of great ideas. I will be looking forward to updates on how your setup performs.
I am extremely satisfied with the system . . . look at my other posts to see some of the things I have done with it.. . if the forum didn't have that picture size limit that you have to give effort to resize and post I would have more postings.