Cleaning and greasing

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

sharkcutup

Re: Cleaning and greasing

Post by sharkcutup »

Just have one question for those with the Shark extended bed model ---

How do you reach the threaded drive rod underneath table (y or x depending on whether or not you have changed the axis from the manufactured/shipped configuration)???

Have a GREAT DAY!!! :) And BE SAFE around those machines!!!
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

bill z

Post by bill z »

When I built the stand to set my Shark on, I included a 2 part removable panel to allow access to that threaded drive. The Shark is pretty heavy, plus I bolted it to the stand. So the only way to get to it is the panel. Yes, it is still difficult to get to because I have to lay on my back and reach up but it is better than unbolting the shark, jacking it up and risking getting everything out of square.

I would be interested in knowing other approaches.

Detroit,MI CNC GOODS

Post by Detroit,MI CNC GOODS »

I own and operate the Shark HD520 Ext/bed and on my machine I’ve got it setup on its own machine stand. Which is rated far higher than my CNC actually weighs something on the order of 3 ton+- with leveling pads. Anyways I’ve found that I’m able to clean & lube the X-Axis via the side panel which can be removed with the installed screws that are present there. This panel removed gives you access to all of the underside and the ball screw easily for maintenance. Hopefully this helps anyone that has easy access to the side panels and let’s make chips guys.

markjonesranger

Post by markjonesranger »

There is a couple of videos on lube and cleaning on youtube that are pretty helpful. I removed my underneath sides that had the slot in them for the x,y axis to slide through. It makes cleaning a lot easier. They are easy enough to remove and put back on. I just left them off.