Where is everyone from?

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

tonydude

Re: Where is everyone from?

Post by tonydude »

Glad to see where everyone is from and doing. Check out the map. http://tinyurl.com/5r76ywz
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Wherrol

Post by Wherrol »

Hi

We are newbies to the Shark Pro Plus...or any CNC for that matter.

There seems to be so few Aussies, apart from Jarrahman from Gidge (as the locals call the place) near Perth WA so we thought we would butt in.

Our home town is in Buderim Queensland on the beautiful Sunshine Coast. We installed our machine on Wednesday (ie three days ago). Allan made the table for the CNC (quite the masterpiece) and I made a sign for a friend.

Plans are afoot for Allan to make a skeleton clock, and my head is buzzing with all the beaut designs I want to make.

Cheers from Down Under

Allan and Sharón

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Welcome Allan and Sharón,
We have a few from down under. Got question we'll be glad to help out.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

SimRacn

Post by SimRacn »

Simracn, or Charlie maker of custom plexiglass wheels for online racing. Currently am in Nashville, but will shortly be in Prescott Az. Dont have my machine yet, but as soon as i land in Prescott will be gettign one.

I plan on making the wheels with the machine.
Attachments
One style I thought ppl might like to see.
One style I thought ppl might like to see.
It is my belief that the only dumb question is the one not asked :-)

hitest4

Post by hitest4 »

Hi, I'm Mike from Victorville, CA, more commonly known as Victorsticks, a few miles north of San Bernardino. I bought my Shark system three weeks ago, and am very pleased and excited about this machine, although I've not cut anything with it as yet. Had some problems getting started, but finally Joe from KB Farms showed me the right steps to get going. I had been drooling over the CompuCarve machine (Sears), but all indicators told me to hold off on buying one, and then I saw the Rockler ad in last month's Popular Mechanics, and I had to have that machine. It's everything I've been dreaming about. I'm an old guy, but have been into woodwork since I can remember. I made Mom a "table" when I was four years old, after she bought me a hammer and bag of nails from Woolworths 5 and dime. I still love the smell of new-cut Doug Fir at Home Depot.
Best o'luck to all who read this. Hitest4

sharkie

Post by sharkie »

Hello All,
Hudson Valley, New York here, and have been enjoying this great tool for over a year. Have gone through 2 routers but finally mastered the tricky feed/speed ratio and don't think I will have to replace the speed control board anymore. Actually thinking of changing to the dewalt router, but want to hear from others whether the extra 1/4 horsepower makes any difference, especially in hardwood like oak.
Dennis

Ccs

Can't locate the .tap files

Post by Ccs »

Am new and can't locate the .tap files that i have done. Can you tell me why?