Colleges that have a CNC 4 Shark

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

jchow

Colleges that have a CNC 4 Shark

Post by jchow »

Hello! My name is Jim Chow I work for Clinton MS Public Schools K-12; I'm emailing you on the behalf of the Clinton High School Career Complex. The Career Complex purchased an CNC 4 Shark 3D Printer, the Instructor does not know how to use the Vcarve Software. I was wondering what Colleges have a CNC Machine for the Instructor get some Training?

Thank's for helping the Children

Kayvon

Re: Colleges that have a CNC 4 Shark

Post by Kayvon »

Hi, Jim. I don't have a list of colleges that use VCarve software, but there are still a couple good resources for you and your instructor.

First, there are several online tutorials for learning VCarve. Vectric has an entire training site:
http://support.vectric.com/training-material
There are also several Youtube videos of Vcarve in work. Additionally, VCarve comes with a pretty good manual. Reading through the manual and a couple hours of hands-on trial and error probably beats a couple days of classes.

Second, if you're willing to post your location, I wouldn't be surprised if someone from this forum was willing to donate a couple hours to visit your school and demonstrate VCarve. I know I'd be happy to do that if you're in my town.
jchow wrote:Thank's
:?

jchow

Post by jchow »

We are located in Clinton Mississippi

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Not in my area, I'm afraid. I'd recommend the first suggestion while you wait to see if anyone is close by to take you up on the second suggestion. This forum is also a good place for you and your instructor to ask questions if something he's learning doesn't make sense.

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

We are located in Clinton Mississippi
I am within a three hour drive of your location private message me. Maybe I can help!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

CONKLIN

Post by CONKLIN »

Looking for any schools in the Shore Shore Boston area that has experience running a Shark as we just got a Shark 2 and need to get it up and running pretty soon.
Just need lots of help with all the other projects going on. Thanks for reading