programming (Bobcad)

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

neilb

programming (Bobcad)

Post by neilb »

Is anyone using Bobcad to do their programming? I got it about a year ago and it has taken me some time to get used to it, but now I really love it. I have been working on various designs for different projects and have had good success on the ones that I have run.

neilb

Haltex

Re: programming (Bobcad)

Post by Haltex »

The BobCad is a good program it was a lot easer to learn than the Alibra that I started with, I am always learning. I did my first cut with it , last year its a lot of work to learn so hange in there it a lot of fun. I have a lot of time on my hands so I thought I could put it to work. Do you have the V24 with the new updates it makes it alot better instead of coming down the tree after you are ready to setup the program it will work you write to the toolpath, the Prediter Editer is nice also,this is great.
catcha later Hal

neilb

Post by neilb »

Hal
I still have v23, but needed only a few tweaks from bobcad to make sathings smoother. One thing that I had problems with was the initial move from 0,0,0 to the start of the cut. It would move x and y before lifting z so I was always getting a gouge in the wood at the start. Now that is fixed. I don't know how they missed that one. Let me know if you have any interesting projects.
neilb

aldepoalo

Post by aldepoalo »

Hello,

My name is Al DePoalo and I work at BobCAD in the OEM Dealer department. If you ever have questions on the software or need help let me know.

al@bobcad.com

Haltex

Post by Haltex »

aldepoalo thanks for offer, i am working on this cad quit offen the other cad I was working with Alibra just wasn't what i was looking for. Having good luke with BobCad working for BobCad thats the job i would enjoy. I was mest up in the army 101 airborne it was a trip , I work in the shop part time ,other times chace the wife around the house see ya.
Hal