CNC Shark Gcodes....

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Delish

CNC Shark Gcodes....

Post by Delish »

Hi all,

My experience with metal cutting CNC machines goes back thirty years having owned six of them in my business.

A CNC Shark seems like a nice machine for small wood projects that I wouldn't want to tie up my larger machines for. The problem is nobody seems to know where to find a listing of the Gcodes available on the Shark controller. Rockler doesn't have a clue. Even a call to tech support at New Wave only got me a sample program listing which only used a few Gcodes (the tech guy didn't appear to understand my question). To see if the machine will do what I want I need to know how it's programmed (I wouldn't be using Vectric software).

Anybody know where to find a comprehensive listing of Shark Gcodes? Thanks.
Last edited by Delish on Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kayvon

Re: CNC Shark Gcodes....

Post by Kayvon »

That's an interesting question. I don't have a comprehensive list, but the Shark has processed every g-code the way I've expected with a couple exception.

1) I'm not sure if the dwell command works (G03)
2) M02 on the shark indicates a program end
3) M03 tells the shark to turn on the spindle
4) M05 should turn off the spindle, but I'm not sure if it actually works because I only do this at the end of the program

While it won't give you a comprehensive list, it may be worth looking at a sample gcode file from the forum to see which common commands work. Setup stuff (e.g., G90, G20, Fxx, G64, Sxx) will be present as well as common cutting commands (e.g., G00, G01, G02, G03).