Huanyang Inverter how to reverse spindle?

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

wooddoodlescnc

Huanyang Inverter how to reverse spindle?

Post by wooddoodlescnc »

We purchased the water cooled spindle with the Huanyang inverter and discovered that it is spinning the tool bit forward and we need to set it to "reverse"
The bit is burning our material and we discovered that the cutter is spinning backwards to the direction of the flute of the tool. I am looking in the manual on how to change the direction of the spindle per the parameter function list 2 on page 20 of the manual I have. (I do not see any reference to the version of manual I have) The manual states that PD045 for setting to reverse should be set to 03, however I can get to the list of PD codes on the inverter but I cannot get it to set to 03 and save the setting. Please help because this would pertain to all the tool bits we would have. Thank you.

wooddoodlescnc

Re: Huanyang Inverter how to reverse spindle or clockwise?

Post by wooddoodlescnc »

Just to be clear the spindle is spinning counterclockwise instead of clockwise

Junior

Re: Huanyang Inverter how to reverse spindle?

Post by Junior »

My Huanyang inverter has a reverse button on it, check the keypad for a rev button

Rando

Post by Rando »

If the VFD thinks it is turning in the forward direction, but your spindle is going backwards,
then take any two of the three motor leads and reverse them (excluding any ground connection).
Three phase AC induction motors work that way.
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

Mikeyj0315

Post by Mikeyj0315 »

Did you ever find a resolution to this? I have the exact same problem with the water cooled spindle provided as part of the Shark Bundle. The Huanyang VFD shows it is set to the Forward direction, but spinning counterclockwise. Unable to select the reverse button, simply does not work. Spindle ends up burning through my profile cut instead of cutting. Not good.

---------------------------------------------------------
VFD_Wires.jpg
Heard back from Shark Support, incase anyone else has this issue. Reverse these two wires so that the pink wire is connected to the 'V' port and the cream-colored wire to the 'W' port (circled in yellow in the illustration attached).

Rando

Post by Rando »

oh...you mean like in the last post before your question?
It's a Y/Delta configuration, so reversing ANY two of the wires will have the effect of flipping the triangle over.
It's the old right-hand rule of electromagnetism:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-hand_rule
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

pkitzberger

Post by pkitzberger »

We have the same issue. We switched the wires pink to V and Cream to W. All looks good. We then went to test and clicked on USB button. The pendant states it is communicating with the vfd. We are getting a message stating "VFD Not Detected. Please, check all connections and try again. We try again and get a message that states " please email technical support at Support@NextWaveCNC.com. Any advise other than to hook the wires back up to original way. Either way, I do not want my bit to rotate counterclockwise as it currently is. Suggestions? (Pendant at most recent update. Not sure If I can back that out and test.)