Trouble getting started

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

woodworker16

Trouble getting started

Post by woodworker16 »

Shark is together and ready to roll . Cant get past firmware update. error message says- Failed to connect 1. Help...

Wolf

Re: Trouble getting started

Post by Wolf »

Woodworker16
Does the control panel come on and it says it isn't connected? and you can;t move the gantry? try unplugging the SD card and reinstalling it and then USB cord and plugging it back in.
Every once in a while I have to unplug my cord when my control panel says I'm not connected when really I was.
Joe
Thank you,
Joe Wolf
Dublin, California

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Trouble getting started

Post by jeb2cav »

The failed firmware update message indicates a lack of connectivity with the control box.

Joe's first question is the most important - When you start the basic panel, does it say "not connected". There are many varieties of installation and connection initial experiences here on the forum, and it goes beyond different operating systems as different manufacturers - particularly when using Windows 7 - set different permissions as well.

If the basic panel says not connected, do you see any led lights lit up on the control box? If no led lights, and I'm sure you've checked the power, is the emergency stop button locked "down" (the off position). Most of the new control box e-stops are found this way. A simple twist will unlock it.

I myself am a little leary of fooling with the SD card - but some have had no problems doing this.

I posted my experience and what I considered complimentary documentation in this post - http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=260 - it may or may not help. There have been other posts since this of course with additional findings.

Let us know how you cleared this up. If you are not able to clear this up - please state operating system.