New Shark owner

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

kaberlit

New Shark owner

Post by kaberlit »

So I have just recently gotten a HD520 and i'm having trouble with after I create a vcarve program I can't get the machine to run the toolpath. My Machine will start working and then run the whole program in the center of my workpiece and not follow the toolpath as well as not make contact with the workpiece. I'm just starting out so all i'm at this point trying to do is a name in a 3/4in piece of birch with a 60 degree v-bit. Also serveral times when I zero out with the touch plate it will not just touch the plate and return, it touches the plate and keeps driving the bit down into the touch plate the only way to make it stop is to cancel out and retry.

Plane Michael

Re: New Shark owner

Post by Plane Michael »

I have had the same issue with the z axis touchplate. For me, I was able to double check to make sure that I'm actually getting a good, solid red screen (no flickering) with even the lightest of touch prior to to setting zero on the z (which for mine comes out to .625 which is the thickness of the plate). Ensure that all the parts are free of any oil or residue of any kind as well so that a good contact can be made. One other note: I found that if you're using a vac brush and the bit does not protrude far enough below the bristles, this can have an effect on the depth. The bristles on the brush were MUCH stiffer than I thought and were actually preventing the bit from reaching the surface. Learned this one on my own as it wasn't in the brochure!

Just so I understand, there is no movement of x y when attempting to vcarve? Or is is just on a smaller scale than you expected?

I'm just learning as well, but I'm glad to share what I've discovered thus far.

Michael

tonydude

Re: New Shark owner

Post by tonydude »

To all new shark owners here is a video on how to setup the pendant. Also at the 27:52 mark in the video is how to set up the touch plate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOP64JWNi_Q

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.