Update 11.0 and Post Processor Issues

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

2000LX

Update 11.0 and Post Processor Issues

Post by 2000LX »

Hi, recently switched from an SD120 to HD510 and still in the setup process. I understand the Vectric has gone to an online database for all their post processors and various machines. I am having real trouble downloading, extracting zip files, installing folders into "mypostP" folders, then reinstalling them back into Vectric. I thought with the new version, I could simply open my Machine in setup with create a new file and download my machine info and get the appropriate Post Processor, but apparently things aren't that simple? I keep getting Post Processor error messages each time I create a new file. I'd sure like to get this thing running, but frustration level light is getting kinda bright! Anyone else having these issues? Im using a Mac that is a Bootcamp conversion to run Vectric. Maybe thats my issue??? Thanks

tonydude

Re: Update 11.0 and Post Processor Issues

Post by tonydude »

Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

2000LX

Post by 2000LX »

Thank you Tony, Randy's videos are always really helpful! My issue though is with the post processor database that changed with Vectric version 11.0. I keep getting error messages when I start the program stating that the PP is not current and out of date. I have followed the "Adding Post-Processors to Vcarve/Aspire" several times, and yet still cannot extract the files and replace the pp files in the PostP Folder. It seems to take the transfer each time, but when I shutdown and restart Vectric I still get the same error messages.
Mark

JRonld

Post by JRonld »

2000LX wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:04 pm
Thank you Tony, Randy's videos are always really helpful! My issue though is with the post processor database that changed with Vectric version 11.0. I keep getting error messages when I start the program stating that the PP is not current and out of date. I have followed the "Adding Post-Processors to Vcarve/Aspire" several times, and yet still cannot extract the files and replace the pp files in the PostP Folder. It seems to take the transfer each time, but when I shutdown and restart Vectric I still get the same error messages.
Mark
Mark, I get the same message after downloading the software update and installing new PP files.
My machine (Shark HD510) is working just fine (with the error msg), I did not notice any difference before/after the error msg.
I just click the "OK" button and proceed with my project.

Good Luck!
Ron