Importing eps file

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

johnnycat500

Importing eps file

Post by johnnycat500 »

I just got my cnc shark pro. I have a eps file that I made in corel. I put it on a thumb drive then saved it to the laptop I am using to run the shark.When I click load g code and go to the drive where the file is it does not show up.Is an eps file not compatible with cnc shark? Thank you

CountryWoodCrafts

Re: Importing eps file

Post by CountryWoodCrafts »

You sort of have to put it into Aspire or V carve Pro . . . . create the toolpath. . . . and save the toolpath with a post processor. . . which is G code

johnnycat500

Post by johnnycat500 »

CWC thanks so much for the reply

johnnycat500

Post by johnnycat500 »

I have the file in cnc shark control panel and in vcarve. I did not have the drop down box set to all files.When I load the g code I get this......load error line 1 bad character used.

CountryWoodCrafts

When the file is ready for the shark panel it will be a .tap file. You have to convert it to this file by using Vcarve pro.

By the way it sounds you need to sit down and go through the vcarve pro instructions and most likely download the post processor for the shark etc.
I would start with the instructions for Vcarve Pro first. It is not a difficult system but trying to explain from opening the eps file to selecting the vectors you are going to use to picking the toolpath to use . . . . . the instructions and videos on vectric would do you more good.

Go to VCarve Pro v6 & Aspire v3 Tutorials here http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/ ... s_tut.html

johnnycat500

Post by johnnycat500 »

CWC thank you for the links.You are 100% right I need to slow down and understand all these steps. I will be going thru all the video's and manual's. :-]

GARYR6

Post by GARYR6 »

Yes grasshopper, all things emerge from the wood with time and a little help from Vectric and the shark.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

I second the video and tutorial review. The videos on this forum are a good start, but as CountryWoodCrafts points out, the VCarve tutorials are not only a must, they are extremely useful and will save you hours/days of frustration - really. In addition to being available on the Vectric website, many of them are on the installation DVD.
A post that has some nice pictures providing an overview of the Shark workflow is - http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=349

CountryWoodCrafts

jeb2cav wrote:I second the video and tutorial review. The videos on this forum are a good start, but as CountryWoodCrafts points out, the VCarve tutorials are not only a must, they are extremely useful and will save you hours/days of frustration - really. In addition to being available on the Vectric website, many of them are on the installation DVD.
A post that has some nice pictures providing an overview of the Shark workflow is - http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=349

Nice Flowcharts . . . They should be gathering thing like this up and expanding the shark manual

johnnycat500

Post by johnnycat500 »

The last 2 days I have watched a lot of video's. And built my project, run the tool path and got the right post processor. I have 2 layers. #1 drilling the 3 holes in the project. #2 the outer profile. It does run but the feed rate is super slow.My ? is there a list of feed rates for the tool you are using and the material being used. I am using carbon fiber 1/16 thick with a 3/64 end mill. Could some one give me a starting point for the cutter and material being used....Thanks