New NWC E-Cooled Spindle!

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Deadriver CNC

New NWC E-Cooled Spindle!

Post by Deadriver CNC »

I have to mention, that the new E-Cooled Spindle (3-HP) is simply fantastic! Having two HD-510's sitting side by side, one with a water-cooled spindle, and the other with the new E-cooled system, I can say without hesitation that the new system is far superior to the 2-HP water cooled system. So many new features with the e-cooled system that I'm simple amazed with its performance (speed) and features! Of course, the only downside is the hefty price tag associated with the new system, however I guess you get what you paid for. Anyhow, I'm extremely happy with the new E-Cooled System, and once I hit the lottery, I'll buy a replacement for my water-cooled spindle. Thought I'd share with everyone out there who might be looking at this new item that NWC is advertising. Many thanks!

Rut Row

Re: New NWC E-Cooled Spindle!

Post by Rut Row »

Deadriver CNC wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:56 am
I have to mention, that the new E-Cooled Spindle (3-HP) is simply fantastic! Having two HD-510's sitting side by side, one with a water-cooled spindle, and the other with the new E-cooled system, I can say without hesitation that the new system is far superior to the 2-HP water cooled system. So many new features with the e-cooled system that I'm simple amazed with its performance (speed) and features! Of course, the only downside is the hefty price tag associated with the new system, however I guess you get what you paid for. Anyhow, I'm extremely happy with the new E-Cooled System, and once I hit the lottery, I'll buy a replacement for my water-cooled spindle. Thought I'd share with everyone out there who might be looking at this new item that NWC is advertising. Many thanks!
I just bought a HD520 and got the 3HP spindle for $400. Based on your comments, I'm glad I spent the extra money!

VPI

Post by VPI »

Can you tell me if the reservoir pump on your cooling system runs continuously, or just runs in short stints?

Outside of the leak from the actual reservoir fitting, I cannot seem to get proper flow, even though it is the return fitting that is leaking.

TomGlander

Post by TomGlander »

My pump runs continuously, not in bursts. When the power is on, the pump is running. I'm thinking about removing the water cooled spindle and going back to the Dewalt I started with. The water cooled unit makes high pitched squeals, and has started messing up the signal to the control box. The 510 won't even operate when the spindle is on. There's something very odd going on here.

Rut Row

Post by Rut Row »

TomGlander wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:43 am
My pump runs continuously, not in bursts. When the power is on, the pump is running. I'm thinking about removing the water cooled spindle and going back to the Dewalt I started with. The water cooled unit makes high pitched squeals, and has started messing up the signal to the control box. The 510 won't even operate when the spindle is on. There's something very odd going on here.
do you have to 2HP or 3HP spindle and how long have you had it?

Deadriver CNC

Post by Deadriver CNC »

Hello and greetings. As I have both systems (2HP-Water Cooled, and the 3HP E-Cooled) both systems pumps run continuously. With that being said, neither one of them have any leaks as you have described. Of course if they did I would be the first to get on the line with customer service for a refund or replacement for sure. My systems have run everyday without any issues (knocking on wood).

VPI

Post by VPI »

Yes. New e-cool system should arrive today so I can, maybe, finally get this thing running. :D

Deadriver CNC

Post by Deadriver CNC »

We wish you the best of luck with the new E-Cooled Spindel, Like I said, I love mine, it was a game changer in compared to the 2-HP Water Cooled spindle. For my second machine which has the 2-HP Water Cooled spindle, I'll be upgrading that spindle as quickly as I win the lottery. Lord knows the only draw back between the two is the $600.00 between the cost. May-be......May-be.....-->"I'm dreaming"<-- Next Wave will lower the costs on one of these jewels.