I just joined the forum.

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Pops in Virginia

I just joined the forum.

Post by Pops in Virginia »

Hello, everyone, this is Pops in Virginia. I will be 75 in January. I just joined the forum. We purchased a CNC Shark HD520 and have no idea how to use it. My son and I own B&H Woodcrafters a division of The Yard Sale LLC. We build farmhouse style and epoxy resin river furniture and want to add to our product line. Never used a CNC machine and we are totally lost. Still trying to put it together. :oops:
Nothing gets done until something gets sold.

tonydude

Re: I just joined the forum.

Post by tonydude »

Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Rut Row

Post by Rut Row »

where in Virginia are you. I'm not far from Hagerstown, MD. Might be able to help. I just got my HD520 a few months ago.

Pops in Virginia

I'm in Newport News. My family owns The Yard Sale LLC. We launched B%H Woodcrafters a couple of months ago as part of our base business. Making river tables and farmhouse tables. Got the CNC to expand our product lines. So far I haven't even set it up or know how to do anything with it. We are relocating the business and haven't had much free time. We are setting up a new wood shop as well approx. 7700 square feet of space just for wood working shop in a separate building at the same location as the new store. Our store's Facebook page can be found here. https://www.facebook.com/757theyardsale

Pops in Virginia

tonydude wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:49 am
Just watch and do the tutorials.

Tony
Thanks Tony, I will be studying these as I put the CNC together. I'm 74 and not very good with teck stuff.

Rut Row

Post by Rut Row »

Pops in Virginia wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:34 pm
I'm in Newport News. My family owns The Yard Sale LLC. We launched B%H Woodcrafters a couple of months ago as part of our base business. Making river tables and farmhouse tables. Got the CNC to expand our product lines. So far I haven't even set it up or know how to do anything with it. We are relocating the business and haven't had much free time. We are setting up a new wood shop as well approx. 7700 square feet of space just for wood working shop in a separate building at the same location as the new store. Our store's Facebook page can be found here. https://www.facebook.com/757theyardsale
wow. Impressive. That's a bit far for me to stop by and advise ;).

Rut Row

Post by Rut Row »

Pops in Virginia wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:39 pm
tonydude wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:49 am
Just watch and do the tutorials.

Tony
Thanks Tony, I will be studying these as I put the CNC together. I'm 74 and not very good with teck stuff.
Getting into CNC is a bit confusing at first. I'm assuming you have the Vetric software since you bought a HD520. I'm 68 and I found the online classes at https://www.learnyourcnc.com/ to be exceptional. Kyle does a great job. Might be worth your mobney.

Pops in Virginia

I'm assuming you have the Vetric software since you bought a HD520.

Yes, I did get the software. I have managed to get the tool set up but haven't connected the wiring yet :oops: , hope to do that next week and see what I can figure out. Setting up a dust collection to it as well.

Pops