Control panel wont connect to controller

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Jay1

Control panel wont connect to controller

Post by Jay1 »

Hi We have a problem with our shark cnc. It was working fine we got the control panel setup and registered. We moved it to a new location and plugged it in now it just says plug in controller. We have it plugged in it makes the sound etc but wont pop up the control panel where you can load g code or run a file etc. When we hit abort it goes to register machine page. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Kayvon

Re: Control panel wont connect to controller

Post by Kayvon »

As stupid as it sounds, try swapping out the USB cable for a very reliable one. A number of users have reported similar problems with that solution.

Rut Row

Post by Rut Row »

call NW support. This sounds like something they can easily help you troubleshoot.

sharkbait420

Post by sharkbait420 »

i had similar issues using the cable provided , i bought a new one off amazon and no issues again .

william32

Post by william32 »

Jay1 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:03 pm
Hi We have a problem with our shark cnc. It was working fine we got the control panel setup and registered. We moved it to a new location and plugged it in now it just says plug in controller. We have it plugged in it makes the sound etc but wont pop up the control panel where you can load g code or run a file etc. When we hit abort it goes to register machine page. Any ideas would be appreciated!gbwhatsapp
First, check the power cable and make sure it is properly connected to the CNC. If the cable is connected, then check the settings on the control panel to make sure that the machine is properly configured. You may need to reset the settings or adjust them if the machine was moved to a new location. If that does not work, then try resetting the CNC itself by unplugging it from the power source and plugging it back in. If that does not work then you may need to contact your CNC manufacturer for further assistance.

rsetina

Post by rsetina »

I'm having the same issue with mine. It's an old Shark HD 2.0. I bought a new computer when for some reason my old one wouldn't connect to my Wi-Fi after I moved to Missouri. Installed Aspire and the shark Control Panel v2.1 and it doesn't connect to the PC. the message says I need to connect it to my PC. I'll go buy a new cable tomorrow and see if that fixes the problem.
Rick

waitner

Post by waitner »

william32 wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:44 am
Jay1 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:03 pm
Hi We have a problem with our shark cnc. It was working fine we got the control panel setup and registered. We moved it to a new location and plugged it in now it just says plug in controller. We have it plugged in it makes the sound etc but wont pop up the control panel where you can load g code or run a file etc. When we hit abort it goes to register machine page. Any ideas would be appreciated!gbwhatsapp
First, check the power cable and make sure it is properly connected to the CNC. If the cable is connected, then check the settings on the control panel to make sure that the machine is properly configured. You may need to reset the settings or adjust them if the machine was moved to a new location. If that does not work, then try resetting the CNC itself by unplugging it from the power source and plugging it back in. If that does not work then you may need to contact your CNC manufacturer for further assistance.
Remember to provide the manufacturer with all relevant information about your machine, such as the model number, software version, and any error messages displayed on the control panel. This will help them assist you more effectively.