Next Wave HD520 Shark Cutting Very Small

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

NewbieCnc92

Next Wave HD520 Shark Cutting Very Small

Post by NewbieCnc92 »

Hey there,

New to this forum and totally new to CNC, I did do some searching and came across a similar topic but feel as if my question was still unanswered. I'm actually not by the CNC currently but will be later this morning.

I did a couple simple designs in VCARVE, ensured it was done in inches not millimeters. The 3D model of the tool path looked accurate as did the job size, yet when I began to cut it out it seemed to be moving on an extremely small scale, to the point where the 1/4 end mill barely made a hole, though the machine did seem to be slightly moving. The only think I can think of is I possibly saved it in the wrong post processor. There were 2 options for inches and 2 for mm. Has anyone else had this issue?

Papajag

Re: Next Wave HD520 Shark Cutting Very Small

Post by Papajag »

I had the same problem and finally found that I was using the wrong post-processor. When you are saving the toolpaths, make sure your Machine is set to default to the HD520 and in the Post-Processor dropdown make sure it has Next Wave CNC (inch) (*.tap) in it. This corrected my problem.
Hope this helps.