Shark Pro Plus on Ebay

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

theremin

Shark Pro Plus on Ebay

Post by theremin »

My Shark Pro Plus is available on Ebay right now. It's been a good machine and led me in the right direction, but a good portion of what I'm building needs more than 25" on the Y axis so I got a bigger machine. It is item number 300557391733. I'm including the Bosch Colt, precision collets and a dust collector shoe in the sale and the machine is like new, and my reserve is significantly lower than what I paid for the machine. I hate to part with it, but I really can't justify two CNC machines!

Larry Gardner

Re: Shark Pro Plus on Ebay

Post by Larry Gardner »

That is a good deal, What new machine did you go with???
Larry Gardner
Gardner Custom WoodCrafts'
http://www.gardnercustomwoodcrafts.com
http://www.facebook.com/gardnercustomwoodcrafts
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

theremin

Post by theremin »

I picked up a used XZero off of Ebay. Already had a Colombo spindle and a Gecko 540 with it. I put on a new Z axis. This one is a little narrower than the Shark Pro Plus, but longer by a few inches--banjo necks I'm cutting are 29 inches long... At any rate, it's a nice machine, but not plug and play the way the Shark is.

My reserve on the auction is lower than the buy it now price by a pretty good amount too. I'll be losing money on the deal, but I feel like I've already gotten my money's worth out of the machine in experience and even some light production work.

Dave

CountryWoodCrafts

Post by CountryWoodCrafts »

You know if you upgraded the base on the shark . . . .it is 52" long cut-table area.

theremin

Post by theremin »

CountryWoodCrafts wrote:You know if you upgraded the base on the shark . . . .it is 52" long cut-table area.
True, but at that point you've really replaced everything except the gantry and the electronics--pretty much a new machine at that point anyway.

CountryWoodCrafts

Post by CountryWoodCrafts »

But for around 500.00 you have a new machine . . . .less out of pocket than buying and trying to resale . . .plus the ease of use of the shark....