Letters on preview not spaced the same on wood

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

mvgossman

Letters on preview not spaced the same on wood

Post by mvgossman »

Brand new to CNC, watching videos, creating lots of scrap, and did my first real project yesterday and found an issue.

When generating letters with me 1/8" end mill bit, confirmed entered as such as the tool selection, some of the letters are way closer together than they should be, and strokes are larger than displayed on the computer when actually cutting wood. I worked around this for my initial project by increasing the spacing between two letters and it's fine, but this will mean a lot of re-dos in the future because there's no warning of the problem. The 1/8 bit size is well smaller than the letter strokes so it's not a matter of the bit being too wide. It's as if the letter is being carved to the displayed size on center with 1/2 of the width of the bit (1/16") extending outside the displayed boundaries on the screen. Didn't change with selecting a different font.

VCARVE Pro, the latest version but can't remember the number and I'm not home, with the HD520.

Mitch

Bob

Re: Letters on preview not spaced the same on wood

Post by Bob »

Mitch,
Would you please post the crv (drawing) file. The problem may be easier to see that way. Are you using the profile tool path?
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)