Huanyang Inverter used with Shark 2 HP Spindle

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

sgveik@gmail.com

Huanyang Inverter used with Shark 2 HP Spindle

Post by sgveik@gmail.com »

Hello
I have a Shark 520 and just recently installed the 2HP Spindle kit with the Huanyang Inverter. I have used this setup to do a few small projects and seems to be working just fine. The issue I am having is when I am finished with a project and turn off the control box the Inverter does not shut off !!!
I tried using the power button of the inverter and that does nothing, the only way I can power it off is to unplug it.

Also I have been reading some of the posts concerning the Huanyang Inverter and see several posts about programing the inverter.
I am using Vectric Desktop Software with the Ready to Control on my Laptop. Am I correct in assuming that it is controlling all the toolpath RPM Specs when I load it on the Ready to Control software?

Thanks in advance for your help

Rando

Re: Huanyang Inverter used with Shark 2 HP Spindle

Post by Rando »

For the VFD, a truly "OFF" condition requires disconnection from the incoming 120/240 VAC source.
When the VFD is connected to power, the only ON and OFF states are the Run and Stop conditions.
So, it's normal that the Shark control box can't truly turn off the VFD; that's the job of a "contactor",
which is just a heavy-duty relay with contacts design to not arc when the contacts are to separate.

As for the RPMs, as long as the software and control-panel / pendant send the right parameters,
the 10V analog output from the controller to the analog speed-control input of the VFD should cover
the usable range. Whether and how accurate that speed is can be determined by a non-contract
tachometer. In the VFD settings, there are whole 'nother set of parameters that will possibly help
the VFD + spindle motor run correctly and more reliably. Sadly, the specific parameters vary across
the different VFD makers and models, so consulting the known-correct manual for your specific VFD
model is typically much safer than reusing someone else's list from the internet.

Hope that helps,

Rando
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)