Shark control panel display

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Jamesn1300

Shark control panel display

Post by Jamesn1300 »

I bought a referb Dell Optiplex GX series to dedicate to the Shark Pro Plus. The operation is not inquestion - everything functions wonderfully.
But.. on the control panel (showing coordinates, etc), the bottom status bar is highlited in dark blue with black letters which makes it almost impossible to read.

I started out using my laptop running Win 7 and this was not an issue - the Dell is running 'XP home' and now I have this shading -only on this status line. Everything is working - the text is changing - just a display issue.

I have exhausted my (vast) knowledge on OS configurations and am drawing a blank. Don't know if it's the Dell, the OS, or drivers or...???

I'm very hesitant of upgrading to Win 7 since I don't have the optiplex drivers.. and really don't need the headaches. If it is what it is.. then it is what it is :).

Any ideas?

James

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Shark control panel display

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi James - many times windows applications use the user settings for themes/windows appearance. Right click on your desktop and select "Properties". Then the Appearance tab. You probably can clear this by changing the color scheme and/or the Windows and Buttons style.

You may have to restart the control panel for any changes made to take affect.