2hp watercooled spindle

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

jg2259

2hp watercooled spindle

Post by jg2259 »

I just finished setting up my spindle on my HD510. I noticed on the back of the gantry, there is a t track that will accept a drag chain. When I ran a program, my fluid tubes and main cord going into the spindle were flailing all different directions. Has anyone used a drag chain on the back of the gantry to keep these tubes and wire in place?
If so, what size of a drag chain should I purchase that will hold both tubings and the main power cord to the spindle, that will have a fair amount of room inside without cramming everything inside. i also would like a drag chain that have predrilled holes for a t nut to slide inside the ttrack, so it stays against the gantry.
thanks in advance for any guidance or direction.
Jim

ffloyd

Re: 2hp watercooled spindle

Post by ffloyd »

I have placed the spindle tubes as well as the laser cables inside the drag chain on the back of the gantry on my HD520. It took a while, but careful organization of the cables allows all to fit inside the drag chain. Just be sure you have enough slack on the hose between the spindle and the beginning of the gantry. If you still can't get the hoses inside the drag chain, you can attach them to the outside of the drag chain with wire ties. Hope this helps...
Fred
Shark HD520, JTech Laser, 4thAxis
Aspire v11.5