Tool Database

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

jdirocco4@gmail.com

Tool Database

Post by jdirocco4@gmail.com »

I recently purchased a Shark HD500 with a 2 hp water cooled spindle. I have a lot to learn and a lot of questions. I noticed in the tool database that tools up to 1/2" were listed. However, nothing over 1/4" had the parameters filled in. Is there a reason for that? Is the machine sturdy enough to handle larger tools? I recently purchased some router bits that came with a chart showing feeds, speeds, and depth of cuts for various diameter bits. They are much higher feed rates and depth of cuts than I use. I cut a lot of different woods with 1/4" down cut bits. I usually feed about 45 ipm and about .120" depth of cut. Am I babying my machine. Can I, should I be feed faster and deeper?

Bob

Re: Tool Database

Post by Bob »

You have chosen an excellent topic. There has been a lot of valuable information posted about feeds and speeds on this forum. I would suggest doing a search with the words: feeds speeds. Just enter those two words in the upper right search box on this page. This will take you to a wealth of information. (I just tried it.)
Have fun,
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)