has anyone tried swapping out the 6mm grease fitting with typical grease zerks?

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

NAC

has anyone tried swapping out the 6mm grease fitting with typical grease zerks?

Post by NAC »

i'll admit, I'm a little ticked off at nextwave. i was 6 hours into a roughing tool path on a $100 slab of mahogany and left the shop for some dinner.
came back to find my x-axis has totally failed and my project was trashed. called nexwave customer support and they recommended I try lubricating the rails and adding grease. I've always cleaned the rails and sprayed teflon on them, but not the grease. this hd500 is less than a year old, maybe 100 hours on it and I have another shark sd120 for several years now with well over 1000 hours on it. i never added grease to either machine. i went to add grease and found nextwave uses these silly 6mm hexagon zerks that don't fit a typical grease gun nozzle :evil: pissed me off because now i'm looking at more down time waiting for that to arrive. but what pisses me off more was the nickel & dime bs nextwave is pulling, $40 for a zerk nozzle and some grease? spend $3000 on a cnc and they cant include the cheap little nozzle so you can perform proper maintenance on the product? :roll: i'm wondering if anyone has tried to remove and replace the hexagon zerks with regular round zerks?
Attachments
shark hd500.jpg