High efficiency dust boot system

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

AVDesignWorks

High efficiency dust boot system

Post by AVDesignWorks »

I'm an engineer by trade and quit the corporate life to do custom fabrication of all sorts in my own shop. When I first got my HD500 over a year ago I hooked up an overhead 2.25" line for dust collection and ran it to my 5" mainline. I had a piece of foam I cut that slipped over my spindle and had another hole for that hose. I had a heavy cardboard shroud around the whole thing to capture dust. I was still supplementing with a nearby shop vac. A few months ago I added a very dependable 3D printer to the equipment line up here and decided I needed to fix this dust situation on the Shark and get back some years of my life from eventual dust inhalation that I was assuredly still breathing in. I designed a custom system for a 4inch dust line that is quickly adjustable, has strain relief for the hose, a clean magnetic detach, and 4" long bristles to get over clamps or go deep when needed. And it looks great as I did a matching red to the machine.

The performance is amazing! The cfm from a 4inch line directed in an arc around the cutting action grabs everything. I was an idiot to not put my health first and get something better sooner. Thru my membership with the 3D Print Community, the printable models and materials list are available on the printables.com website for $70. So if you have an HD and a 2hp spindle and the ability to 3d print, go check it out. If not please email me at avdesignworks@hotmail.com and I can send you more information on it and I can create an all inclusive ready to go kit for $150 plus tax and shipping.

https://www.printables.com/model/781205 ... oot-system
20240225_115534.jpg
20240225_115611.jpg
Thanks for your consideration!
Andy
www.avdesignworks.com