HD5 and mini 4th axis

Everything 4th Axis

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

JackW

HD5 and mini 4th axis

Post by JackW »

Has anyone tried the mini 4th axis with Vcarve desktop? I just purchased this HD5 and when I try to follow the manual, the Vcarve does not seem to have an option for the 4th axis. There is supposed to be a 'Gadgets" menu option and that is missing. The 4th axis came with my machine and software when I purchased the HD5.

JackW

Re: HD5 and mini 4th axis

Post by JackW »

I will answer my own post in case anyone runs into this.... The Next Wave documentation on the mini 4th axis is incorrect. There is a Vcarve video with the software that shows how to use the 4th axis.

Sandow12

Post by Sandow12 »

I also got this package. Cant decide what to make. Have you done anything yet.

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

"GADGETS" is not a feature in V-Carve Desktop. It is an available feature in Aspire and V-Carve Pro.

According to the Vectric Website the 4th axis is a feature of V-Carve Desktop. I have V-Carve Pro and am not able to advise where the 4th axis may be located in V-Carve Desktop. Maybe someone else will chime in on this thread that can provide that information for you.

Good Luck
Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

ffloyd

Post by ffloyd »

Check with Vectric for features supported by VCarve Desktop. You can still do rotary, but gadgets are not supported in VCarve Desktop (only Pro and Aspire).
Fred
Shark HD520, JTech Laser, 4thAxis
Aspire v11.5