new to 4th axis

Everything 4th Axis

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Char

new to 4th axis

Post by Char »

Hi Everyone,
As in my previous post I just got my new tool and I am working on getting to work. I have run into a few snags so far. I have been watching the videos that I can and reading everyone's experiences.
1. In the literature during the set up process it says to rotate the piece with the pendant. However at this point I still can not find the control to rotate it. I do have the Controller program I can run through my computer as well and no control comes up to rotate through there either. I am thinking somewhere even with Nextwave telling me that I have the right firmware and software something is not working right.
2. Does my stock have to be round or can I start with a block?

Last of course I am wondering if anyone would be willing to share a file or two that I can use to help my learning curve?
Be the kind of woman a man fears, fix things, build things and do it right the first time!

Superwrench

Re: new to 4th axis

Post by Superwrench »

I hope someone answers this, I have the same issues....
Char wrote:Hi Everyone,
As in my previous post I just got my new tool and I am working on getting to work. I have run into a few snags so far. I have been watching the videos that I can and reading everyone's experiences.
1. In the literature during the set up process it says to rotate the piece with the pendant. However at this point I still can not find the control to rotate it. I do have the Controller program I can run through my computer as well and no control comes up to rotate through there either. I am thinking somewhere even with Nextwave telling me that I have the right firmware and software something is not working right.
2. Does my stock have to be round or can I start with a block?

Last of course I am wondering if anyone would be willing to share a file or two that I can use to help my learning curve?

Char

Post by Char »

I spoke with tech support this am.
One thing that needs to be checked to make sure the software and pendant updates for the controls is registering the tool. Thank tells the controller and computer that there is a new hardware device and then it automatically updates the displays and opens the controls for the A axis point.
Be the kind of woman a man fears, fix things, build things and do it right the first time!

Superwrench

Post by Superwrench »

I finally found the control on the pendant. I pressed the number box for the Z axis, in the window that opens I found an "A" button that changes the Z control to A control. I never saw that in any video or instruction manual. Maybe it is fairly new?

ffloyd

Post by ffloyd »

There has been some improvements on the 4th axis since the pendant has become available. It would be nice to have the 4th axis visible all the time, but you are right that the A axis can be accessed by pressing the number button above the Up Z.
Fred
Shark HD520, JTech Laser, 4thAxis
Aspire v11.5