Box Corners

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

roger85281

Box Corners

Post by roger85281 »

I like these corners. This was a Christmas gift for my Mother. Thanks to everyone who posted pictures and comments on how to create the corners.

The box is roughly 12" x 7" x 6" high. Maple and walnut. I used 2" walnut turning squares. This way I still have over 1" squares left for my next box. I am not happy with my glazing technique yet, or I would have glazed the top. Just need more practice.

Roger
Attachments
IMG_1088.JPG

hdtheater

Re: Box Corners

Post by hdtheater »

Looks great! What did you use for the 3d model of the Lord's Supper?
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

roger85281

Post by roger85281 »

I bought the Last Supper model from Vector Art 3D. I bought it about a year ago. Since then they came out with a new one without the door/window/table legs(what ever it is) in the middle of the table. I wish I would have waited to get the new model.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Roger,

That is a great looking box. Just more ideas for me but no time to do them all. Keep it up you did great work on it. Your mother has to be very happy with it.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

drueth

Post by drueth »

roger85281

Really lookes GREAT. I am sure your mother will treasure it for a very long time.
drueth
Shark Pro Plus HD
new to CNC 12/2012

ohiococonut

Post by ohiococonut »

Nice looking box. I like the dovetails on the front.
I've had the same file for a while but haven't taken the time to carve it yet.
Del

"It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go."