First Consignment

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

hdtheater

First Consignment

Post by hdtheater »

This is the first thing I made for someone else. I made it for a friend that is a cabinet builder.

Made from Red Oak using a 1/16" end mill for the smaller lettering and 1/8" for the larger lettering. I used a 1/4" end mill as a larger clearance tool.

Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: First Consignment

Post by jeb2cav »

Awesome and thanks for sharing. Did you clear coat it before cutting to make painting/staining the blue easier?

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

jeb2cav wrote:Awesome and thanks for sharing. Did you clear coat it before cutting to make painting/staining the blue easier?
Thanks, it was a learning experience being my first piece of red oak. That stuff is hard on bits. :)

I didn't do anything to before I started carving. I carved the raw wood and then sanded it using a scotch brite pad to get in between the letters. He did the painting and staining.
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

DYNO360

Post by DYNO360 »

I used to program CNC machines and had good results, so I know I could operate one of these machines easily. I don't have a CNC Shark, but I am interested. I really don't know if it can do the kind of work that I want it to do, so I was wondering if you would be interested in taking another consignment? If you do, I can evaluate the results of a CNC Shark on part of one of my wood projects. Let me know.

DYNO360

Post by DYNO360 »

To hdtheater. Regarding the consignment work. I'm serious and I would pay you for your time. I'm not looking for free work.