Aspire3 caged heart project

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Buc

Aspire3 caged heart project

Post by Buc »

Machined two of this project. The file crv3D file came from the Vectric forum. I also tried Michael Tylers (from Vectice forum) finishing technics. Ms. Buc had to do the gold rub, as I was using way too much. I was told it is supposed to look highlighted, not solid gold, and mine could have been....Nice project to work on. Learned a couple things, even with a retired imagination.There was a VCP6 file posted on the Vectric forum. I'll try and find it.

Buc
Attachments
Aspire project
Aspire project
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Wolf

Re: Aspire3 caged heart project

Post by Wolf »

Buc, those caged hearts turned out very nice. It is nice to see finished projects posted for all of us to see and comment on or ask questions on how you did it. Type of wood, finish, bit used ect.
Joe
Thank you,
Joe Wolf
Dublin, California

Buc

Re: Aspire3 caged heart project

Post by Buc »

Joe,
My coice of wood was popular. It machines easily and is not grainy like other woods. I used a .250" end mill to peck drill the dowel holes and rough machine the parts. Used a .125" Ball nose to finish.

On the Heart I used Minwax waterbased Expresss Color (crimson) for the red color. (Home Depot) Used Minwax English Chestnut (233) for the stain on the parts and dowel rods. Used rattle can clear satin, about 3 coats, lightly sanding and the applied (2) coats Of Minwax Polycrylic waterbased for finish. Then Ms. Buc highlighted with Gold Leaf Rub and Buff. (Michaels Craft store)

I could have made 100 of this project and there still would be no 'harley-davidson' in the garage....Two is not always better.

Here is a link to the VCP6 CRV file for the caged heart project. It is on page (2) I did not look at the files so use with caution. Look for Zeeways post.
http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 8&start=15

Good luck and make something nice,
Buc
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday