Took some time but there you go

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

jjutras2

Took some time but there you go

Post by jjutras2 »

There you go finally got some project done (did a few but this is my first one that is 100% finish) some up some down but finally. I use for the frame some paduak, really nice wood a bit costly but still nice. The picture was from a C17 taking off from Kandahar airfield. It is 17 by 10.
Attachments
C17 no light.jpg
C17 Backlight.jpg

Keith Hodges

Re: Took some time but there you go

Post by Keith Hodges »

17 by 10 is a large carving! How long did it take to carve? Very nice work, by the way.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

jjutras2

Post by jjutras2 »

Thanks, it took over 10 hrs but i just let it run at night and during the day I work on the frame.

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

Very nice. Picture was excellent for this. The sharp contrast allowed it to turn awesomely..... well ok, I guess you had a little something to do with it too LOL

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

mike&jo

Post by mike&jo »

Very nice, I gotta try that someday

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Excellent work. Never did a large one like that. Keep it up, like to see more of your work. What did you use to light it?

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

jjutras2

Post by jjutras2 »

i bought some light at Costco they come in 1 foot section they are bright white. trying to get a good place to purchase some but none of them so far were as bright as the one i got from Costco. I was told 3k kelvin for heat they are 12v the only problem is i can't cut them so yes most of my work will be min 13 inches wide or high so i don't have a problem trying to fit the lights inside. And not sure about other Canadian but man we are being robe when it is time to buy some of those lights. .

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Are you talking about led lights? I get led lights on eBay. I buying by the roll.http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 522wt_1038

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

jjutras2

Post by jjutras2 »

all the one we seen don't look like they are not as shiney as the one i got at costco witch one are you getting bright warm ???? thanks for the link but which one are you using and how deep are your shadow box the one i did was 2.25 deep.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

I use 5M 5050 IP65 300 SMD LED Flexible Strip Cold White. My boxes are 2 1/2" deep.
Buffalo,NY