wedding text on text gift

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

TAW

wedding text on text gift

Post by TAW »

We have more friends getting married; so of course they get one too.
I did go ahead and run both tool paths with a clean up bit with tapper (11 degree pencil bit) extra hr of run time....this got rid of a lot of sanding of fuzzys and di make a few of the thin line very fine. but still turned out nice.
I need to get a 1/16th em bit.
Main clearing bit was a 1/8th in em bit.
Attachments
IMG_20160907_042348929.jpg

awdang

Re: wedding text on text gift

Post by awdang »

That's really nice! How do you paint and stain and all and end up with clean defined edges?

TAW

Re: wedding text on text gift

Post by TAW »

Thx - get all the fussy's off and sand any thing needing and then stain the bottom text with the smallest paint brush available. looks like the body of a tooth pick and about 1/4'' of bristles. Dip in stain and always wipe off excess or make your first contact on a larger part of the text. The stain will spread out and you need to have the carving FLAT so it does not run on to the base flat area. The I do the out side edge the same way and will tilt the pc so the stain can not run to the center of carve. one all done and dry I then clear coat with lacquer. Once dry I use the same kind of small brush and with good lighting (head light strap on) I will paint the top text, again with very little paint so not to RUN down the sides of the letters and always have to do 2 coats. I use just water based craft paints and do not top coat the white paint. Slow process but you get faster with each time. and they are very appreciated once given.