Custom PC Case (made with Shark Pro Plus)

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

reinventor32

Custom PC Case (made with Shark Pro Plus)

Post by reinventor32 »

I recently bought a Shark Pro Plus to use in my small business.
In order to learn how to use it (and because I needed a new workstation for video editing) I used it (and the Vcarve Software) to create a new custom PC.
Check out: http://reinventingscience.wordpress.com ... -computer/ for more information (pictures and description)

The article also links to my "unboxing" blog about the Shark Pro Plus and I plan to write a "what I learned" blog with some tips and tricks very soon.
Stay tuned.

(more pictures including pics of the Pro Plus in action are online at our fan page on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/HarrisEducational and then check out the Photos section)

Construction makes use of mortise and tenon joints (with the look of a butt joint) as well as custom pockets and cutouts for components, and grills for fans.
Material is PVC Lumber (high density), plexiglass, and some hand-metal work (and some recycled components) plus the PC components obviously.

Thanks
Ben

Tips in the "what I learned blog" will include using a laser level for locating X,Y,Z 0,0,0 position, making a jig for repeated multi-sided machining of parts, and some other things I learned.
Attachments
Custom PC made using the Shark Pro Plus (more info in the article)
Custom PC made using the Shark Pro Plus (more info in the article)

cdat

Re: Custom PC Case (made with Shark Pro Plus)

Post by cdat »

All that effort and you used drywall screws to hold it together? :o

Just kidding. Looks pretty good.
Let's revisit the whole "Hope I die before I get old" Thing.

REG

Re: Custom PC Case (made with Shark Pro Plus)

Post by REG »

Nice project! Can really appreciate what you did through your web page.