Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

John675w

Correct PP

Post by John675w »

what is the correct post processor for shark HD4? NOT LASER

sharkcutup

Re: Correct PP

Post by sharkcutup »

You could try on a small program such as a circle, square, triangle the "CNCShark-USB_Arcs_inch.pp" for imperial or "CNCShark-USB_Arcs_mm.pp" to see how they perform.

I own an Earlier Version CNC Shark HD3 HD Pro Extended bed. The above post processors have performed well on this version of machine. You could also visit the NEXT Wave website to see if they have the post processor available for that version of machine. https://nextwaveautomation.zendesk.com/ ... 0046235651

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

John675w

Re: Correct PP

Post by John675w »

sharkcutup wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:03 pm
You could try on a small program such as a circle, square, triangle the "CNCShark-USB_Arcs_inch.pp" for imperial or "CNCShark-USB_Arcs_mm.pp" to see how they perform.

I own an Earlier Version CNC Shark HD3 HD Pro Extended bed. The above post processors have performed well on this version of machine. You could also visit the NEXT Wave website to see if they have the post processor available for that version of machine. https://nextwaveautomation.zendesk.com/ ... 0046235651

Sharkcutup
Hello, thanks for the response on Vectric as well. because of you I did find the CNCShark-usb Arcs inch.pp I will try that. I got this HD4 extended a couple years ago. Been away from cnc hobby for a while, and now retired and time to play! I do have the laser option, and that was the pp I was using because I had tested the laser when I got the machine. I forgot to change it to carve numbers in wood. Hope this pp stops the xy move before z is up instead of on a ramp that cut into the project. Thank you. John