Project Not Cutting the Expected Size

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

birdhousemike

Project Not Cutting the Expected Size

Post by birdhousemike »

not sure where to post this because it's new but it's not new guy's problem :roll:
like new guy please help to solve this problem: CNCShark basic panel successfully loads
G-code *.tap file no error in loading G-code*.tap file clicked on Run from SD card button
because offset router bit for a dry run - above the substrate wood on the z axis... So
what's the problem? The CNCShark machine performs not the desired size... instead it
moves in small increments and clearly operation behaves not by the full size parameters
(English inches) So what do you think the problem is? Because this output has happened
consecutively five times and because each Vectric file saved was a simple circle or
rectangle program Please inform me this problem is not the wrong post processor if so how
would I know which post processor to choose from is correct from saving this tool path?

Buc

Re: Project Not Cutting the Expected Size

Post by Buc »

Try this Post Processor.
Attachments
shark PP.PNG
(4.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Mike,

You can also test drive your setup by loading the square-1in.tap file that you can find in /My Documents/CNC Shark/Samples. If you air cut this and get 1 in movement on all four sides, you probably used the wrong post processor in VCarve. Buc has provided the latest and greatest.

A good post on post processors and where they are on disk is http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=109

Please post your outcome - future visitors will benefit.

birdhousemike

Post by birdhousemike »

thank you Buc and others for helping me to find the correct post processor... it worked both the air cut and the wood cut... I'll be sure to post again regarding future wood cuts thank you for this assistance :lol: