Router Does Not Fit

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Dwayne125

Router Does Not Fit

Post by Dwayne125 »

I just opened up my Shark box and looked inside....er after spending an hr shoveling peanuts. Time to build!! Here is the stumper, my router doesnt fit. This machine soposedly takes the Bosch Colt right? I went to HD and the new Dewalt DWP611 was there, as was the Colt. I checked the cans (moters without base) and the Dewalt lookes just a hare bigger in dia. I figured the mount would fit. Get home, open the box,take of the base, and the router didnt fit. You are thinking to big right?. Nope TO SMALL! The router mount is to large with the front nut and bolt tightened all the way. Tighten the clamp all the way and I can easily pull out the router from the clamp. How can this be? The Dewalt can is a hair larger in diamiter then the Colt. Anyone else use the Dewalt yet? Any sugestions would be most welcome. BTW I really like the DeWalt router, It's verry quiet and the ecessories you can get for it (fence dust colecter and plunge base) make this a verry handy tool. The 1.25 HP cant hurt either. Hopefully I can get a base that fits (sighs).

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions
Dwayne

RhB_HJ

Re: Router Does Not Fit

Post by RhB_HJ »

Dwayne,

How much is the difference in dia? Off hand I'd say use shim stock if the DeWalt has an uninterrupted seating circumference, secure the shim with Loctite.
Cheers

HJ
_______
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

Dwayne125

Post by Dwayne125 »

The router has a consistant diamiter with threds in the metal can for the adjuster ring. Whats nice about the adjuster ring is it can be used to set the hight in the shark :mrgreen: The two LED's in the bottom should make for a great light show at night :shock: The gap is aprox 2-3 mm. I could use shims I guess but I would rather just have a plate that fits. Here I was worried about the router being to large in dia. The funny thing is, if I had the shark up and running I could machine a plate myself :oops:

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Dwayne,

See this post - http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.p ... ount#p1260. Tim indicates they have a mount for this Dewalt and you can contact them directly. Good luck.

Dwayne125

Post by Dwayne125 »

Thanks Jeb
I knew I had seen somthing posted on the forum, but for the life of me I couldn't find it again. I will get right on it.