old controller?

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

keondgo

old controller?

Post by keondgo »

I just bought a used cnc shark, It has the parallel cable out of the controller, Can I use a usb to parallel cable to interface or is this going to be a project in itself? Can you buy just a new controller if so?

keondgo

Re: old controller?

Post by keondgo »

Ok guys, gimme a clue! I got a usb to parallel cable but of course that doesn't work. So What should I be looking for in a new controller that is up to date with the usb connection?

thanks

Consultingwoodworker

Post by Consultingwoodworker »

Tim Owens is a member of this forum and works for Next Wave, the maker of the Shark. He can answer your question. The rest of us would be guessing.

My guess is that Tim is away for the holidays. Try sending him a message directly.

Ralph

Keoni

Post by Keoni »

It can be changed to take a USB input but Tim would have to quate you a price because a modification would have to be made to the control box. Depending on what early box you have a new box might have to be built.

keondgo

Post by keondgo »

A new control box is ok, I guess nextwave can sell me a new one or would something like xylotex 3 axis controller work? I would prefer the NextWave version but I don't want this to drag on or the wife is not going to be happy with my new toy sitting dead in the water.

Tim, I sent you a pm about this, Can you sell me a new box?

thanks guys.