Start router with carve start

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

texasinmi

Start router with carve start

Post by texasinmi »

I am new to the forum.

Is there a way to have the Shark controller and software start the router at the same time I start the carve program? I have a hybrid system of the Shark and the Piranha controller running Vectric.

texasinmi

bill z

Re: Start router with carve start

Post by bill z »

Not sure about all of the controllers for all of the Sharks. My controller for the Shark HD Pro has a power plug in the back that switches on my router when the program starts running. It has a 10 amp fuse, so a router that needs more than 10 amps should not use it.

I wanted my vacuum to start with the router so I used a 30 amp relay that I powered by the controller that then powers up the router and the vacuum. The relay also helps to isolate any electrical interference that may be caused by ether the vacuum or the router.

texasinmi

Post by texasinmi »

I have a Franken-Shark Pro, with a Piranah controller. It does not have a 110 outlet. Any way to hook one up?

texasinmi

meb

Post by meb »

If you are using a Piranha controller on the system there is no control outlet for the router. This would have to be done with a plug in outlet for the router and a update to the software to control the outlet for the router. That would be up to Next Wave to do the software changes. If you had the older control box that came with the original CNC Shark and the CNC Shark Pro I ask about an upgrade from them and Tim said they could make something that plugs into the auxiliary jack on that box.

texasinmi

Post by texasinmi »

Thanks meb

texasinmi