HD4 carving mirror image

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

ssbxfire

HD4 carving mirror image

Post by ssbxfire »

I have setup my Shark HD4 received from Rockler and all seems fine except it is running my VCarve generated carvings with the toolpath reversed along with any text is reversed (mirror image).

I do have the gantry/spindle mounted such that the spindle is fully visible towards the stepper motor on the bottom of the table as the pictures on the website and manual.

When moving the gantry with the pendant when standing on the right side of the machine, using the bottom stepper motor as a reference point.
left is left
right is right
far brings the gantry/spindle near
near brings the gantry/spindle away

I also would have expected the VCarve generated tool path would run on the Shark as per what I see displayed, i.e. my left screen image would be on the left of the table as viewed from the table side where the stepper motor is on the bottom of the table. Instead the left screen image is at the top of the table and the top screen image is on the right side of the table. I had set my toolpath to start in the middle of the job.

I have the cables marked Z, X, and Y i n the connections on the controller box Z, X, and Y

I even went and purchased a laptop with Windows 10 to get Control Panel 3.0 installed since the CP 2.1 manual says there is a "mirror" setting to be changed, I can't located that setting.

I sent my question to Next Wave, no response after 24 hours....

any ideas?

Kayvon

Re: HD4 carving mirror image

Post by Kayvon »

I don't know why it's occurring, but Rando's instructions will help you with the mirror option:

http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.p ... 804#p27796

ssbxfire

Post by ssbxfire »

sorry for the extreme late post, it turns out the x/y cables were mis-marked, swapped the cables on the controller and all is now fine

Rando

Post by Rando »

ssbxfire wrote:sorry for the extreme late post, it turns out the x/y cables were mis-marked, swapped the cables on the controller and all is now fine
No worries at all...glad you got it working. So, for you, does X now run along the length of the T-slots, or across them? "Normal" for most is across them, but I do run mine so X is along the length of the T-slots.

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)