Shark HD4 watercooled spindle install

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

DavidT

Re: Shark HD4 watercooled spindle install

Post by DavidT »

I am very curious to hear what you have learned or come up with for dust control. My shop gets sub zero in the winter months so I have my CNC in a basement shop. Sound could be an issue.

BladesNBarrels

Post by BladesNBarrels »

Received the surfacing bits in 2 days from Amazon, delivered on Easter Sunday at the front door.
My shop is in my walkout basement near the furnace. The furnace is a recent replacement and has the plastic pipes providing fresh air into the enclosed furnace cabinet.
I still have the high and low air supplies from the old furnace that open into the basement from the outside.
I have a Jet DC-650A Dust Collector I bought 15 years ago for collecting dust from my contractor's table saw and router table.
For cutting the MDF spoil-board, I will open a window on the far side of the shop and use a 24" fan exhausting the air, attach the Jet hose to a dust boot on the CNC, and wear a 1/2 mask respirator from Lowe's.
I will keep an eye out for the dust from the MDF and if it is visible, I may build a "shark cage" or "shark tank" to enclose the machine.

rjoakley

Post by rjoakley »

I just purchased the water cooled spindle for my Shark HD4. I have been using a Bosch router and wanted to upgrade to the spindle. I am having trouble getting the spindle into the supplied bracket, just like some of the other responders. However, one thing that I am baffled with is there is no slot in bracket, at least none that I can see, so I cannot pry it open to insert a wooden wedge and then the spindle, see picture.
Any suggestions? Is the bracket defective?
Attachments
image.jpg