Brand New Shark II does not power up

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

KENESTER1

Brand New Shark II does not power up

Post by KENESTER1 »

This is my first post. I just today received my brand new Shark II. I eagerly unpacked it and following the :How To" video on the Next Wave website and the Owners Manual (Sketchy as it is). I double checked and my friend triple checkesd the cables etc. Power "ON" ….. nothing. No clicking noises, Nada …. no pendant power... nothing. Powered OFF. Rechecked cables etc. Powered ON...still nothing. Now I have to wait 'til Tuesday...….RATS. Have I missed something? Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance
Ken

Bob

Re: Brand New Shark II does not power up

Post by Bob »

Ken,
Did you check that the big red emergency stop button was on (pushed out). When it's off, you need to turn it so that it can pop out and turn the unit on. They sometimes come shipped in the off position.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

KENESTER1

Post by KENESTER1 »

Thanks, I'll try that. I assumed it was spring loaded in the "OFF" position. It never dawned on me to check it. I'll let you know after I check it later.

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

The e-stop button is the most common 1st-time problem. Easily fixed once you know.

If it still won't start, verify that the outlet actually has power, then check the fuse on the Shark's control box.

Having said that, I'm willing to bet it's just the red button. Post an update to let us know how it goes.

KENESTER1

Post by KENESTER1 »

Singing praises to this forum!!! It was the Emergency Stop button! At first I couldn't get it to pop out, it was very loose in the cabinet. I took the cover off and found that the jam nut was loose. I tightened it, pulled and turned the button, put the cover back on and .... Walla! it's alive. So I got it registered on Next Wave, received the code and ran it through some manual paces. I uploaded the Vectric software but have to wait now until Tuesday for the product key......
In any event .... a big Thank You!!!
Now I have to send Next Wave product support a follow up email.

Bob

Post by Bob »

Thanks for the update Ken.
Now go out and make wonderful projects and sawdust!
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)