[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
CNC Shark Forum • View topic - Loosing depth on cuts

Loosing depth on cuts

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: sbk, al wolford

Re: Loosing depth on cuts

Postby Bob » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:09 pm

Tony,
It looks like you nailed it in your second post: "Is the gantry set too high? Might lower the gantry, I have mine set at the middle ones."
Gary might have misunderstood that solution.

Gary,
What are you going to do for your solution? Just lowering the bit so it sticks further out of the collet can be dangerous. Having a thicker spoilboard would be a solution. But, lowering that gantry looks best. Lowering the router/spindle in the mount could also work.

Just my thoughts,
Bob
Bob

Postby GaryShaine » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:20 am

Yes, I’ve plenty of room left to move the spindle down. that’s what I’d did that worked. Beginner mistake. :D I was so close (1/4”) from cutting through, I just couldn’t imagine that was the issue. But, I knew it had to be something simple that I was overlooking. Lesson learned and only cost me a little time. Again, thanks for taking the time to help figure it out. It’s appreciated!
GaryShaine

Postby csmithwoodworking » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:03 am

I'll C-N-C ya later!
csmithwoodworking

Previous

Return to Setting up the Shark