Y-Axis Gone Wild

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Emnesto

Y-Axis Gone Wild

Post by Emnesto »

I've just had my new Shark SD110 for a few weeks. It's taken more time than I thought to get up to speed, but I have created a Spoilboard, surfaced it, and have used Vcarve to design clamps. Up until now, anything that wasn't working as expected could be explained by something I wasn't doing, or doing something wrong. When finishing the last Toolpath, things went south, and I can't see any reason why.

After the toolpath was complete, it returned to X and Y zero, with Z a half inch above the project surface – all just as I expected. The router continued to run, as router control is not offered on the SD110. After about 5 seconds, the router began to move in the negative Y direction. It quickly hit the end of travel, but continued to try moving further. By the time I stopped it, the Y location showed -8.544.

The Toolpath file ends with the X and Y return to Zero.

Anyone else experienced this? Ideas? How to fix?

I've sent this to Nextwave Support, but don't expect an answer until next week.

Barksport

Re: Y-Axis Gone Wild

Post by Barksport »

Did you ever get an answer on the Y problem?

Emnesto

Re: Y-Axis Gone Wild

Post by Emnesto »

Next wave replaced both the controller and pendent, but still had issues. I realized I did not have any problems when I ran the Gcode file from the pendent, so I worked on eliminating anything that could be caused by my laptop. I masked off the mouse area built into the keyboard and then installed a wireless mouse. I didn’t see the problem after that, but I only used it a few times during the winter. When I fired it up this spring there was a ready2control update. I’ve used it several more times since the update, running from the computer, with no problems.