Difficulties with router mounting plates

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Old Flat Toad

Difficulties with router mounting plates

Post by Old Flat Toad »

New Shark SD100, new Bosch 1 hp colt. Neither the B1.25 or the B1 plate will snug up on the router with the cinch bolt fully tightened. The D plate is too small, could force it on but the plate distorts and the cinch bolt won't span the bigger gap. The B1 plate might work if a smidge of material was removed from between the cinching surfaces. Thoughts?

Max

Re: Difficulties with router mounting plates

Post by Max »

Hi Flat Toad, I recently purchased a DWP611 Router for my NextWave SD110. I didn't have to change out my plate. My dewalt fit really good without changing plates. If it were me in your shoes I would first call NextWave and find out which plate was intended for the Bosch. They might have another plate or option. Then see if it fits per MFG. If it doesn't, call them back and let them know. Then I would modify what I already have by shaving off some of the inner diameter with a plunge sander on the D Plate if you have one. Just take a small amount of material to fit your bosch. That may be your only option with their plates unless you make one from wood which would not be hard to do. But do not modify your CNC. It may also come down to buying the DWP611 router and probably the best option all around but take the plate with you to fit it and check it from the box. You may also look up Garrett Fromme on you tube. He made his own router clamps for his CNC. You will have to search for him. Hope this helps. Best to you!! ;)
Max :D

Old Flat Toad

Post by Old Flat Toad »

Thanks for the ideas Max. Eventually I'll cobble something together with a quick release clamp like the original router base.

Fightin' with registration and software now...

car301

Post by car301 »

I had the same problem, I just wrapped blue tape around the colt, wedged the plate open a little so i could insert router without rolling up the tape then tighten up the bolt. Haven't has any problems with the router moving so far.