Where the hell are you supposed to mount the VFD?

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

kuri

Where the hell are you supposed to mount the VFD?

Post by kuri »

Ok, I have an HD520 and the 3HP spindle kit. I cannot for the life of me figure out where in the hell I'm supposed to mount the VFD so it will have enough cable to run through the drag chain for the X axis, but also have enough length to be able to reach the entirety of the Y axis. Is there some trick I'm missing?

Bob

Re: Where the hell are you supposed to mount the VFD?

Post by Bob »

Yikes!
I understand your frustration. Please remember that we are not representatives of Next Wave. We're just forum members trying to help each other.
In answer to your question. If you have the vfd right at the stationary end of the chain, is the cable long enough to reach where needed? If so, can you fabricate a platform for the vfd? Will it be out of the way of any other moving parts? If that doesn't look like it will work, you would need to contact support at Next Wave https://www.nextwavecnc.com/support. I have always found them to be extremely helpful.
Keep us posted. Your solution may help others.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

dohhobbies

Re: Where the hell are you supposed to mount the VFD?

Post by dohhobbies »

I ran into the same issue, the cable for the VFD and for the cooler are to short to run in the drag chain, they suggested running it overhead, I told them this just a jerry rigged solutions, for the money I paid, I need a better solution