XYZ Paddle

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

VBWoodworker

XYZ Paddle

Post by VBWoodworker »

Has there been a hack that allows a paddle connected to the computer that allows XZY movement. My issue is that my laptop as about 3 feet away from the Shark. I have to bring my mouse and pad over to the shark bed to get my XYZ to the "Zero" point. I feel that it may be easier if I had a, say Nintendo paddle that would allow me to move ZXY, Fast/Slow/Step without looking away from my bit.

Just a thought...

Eric
Eric
Virginia Beach, VA

monitoringpost

Re: XYZ Paddle

Post by monitoringpost »

Check out this post. It may be what your looking for!

Bob

Post by Bob »

Eric,
I use a remote numeric keypad plugged into a usb port on my computer...about $15.00 as BB.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

meb

Post by meb »

This is what I use http://www.amazon.com/Rii-I8-Wireless-T ... ess+keypad . Works great and you can also key in changes for settings if you need to without going to the computer.

bill z

Post by bill z »

Eric,

I tried several game remotes and things but what ended up working on my Windows 7 OS was a cheap 2.4G Wireless Numeric Keypad I got from Amazon for $15.00.

It has left and right arrows for the X axis, up and down arrows for the Y axis, page up and down for the Z axis. The minus and plus to move faster or slower.

Just works.

VBWoodworker

Post by VBWoodworker »

I am glad there was something out there!! Thanks for the replies. I am going to look into each one.

Thanks again!!

Eric
Eric
Virginia Beach, VA