Shark Pro HD CNC For Sale

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

shicks1015

Shark Pro HD CNC For Sale

Post by shicks1015 »

I have a Shark Pro HD CNC For sale. I bought this new in 2015 and used it only to make guitar bodies. I am wanting to sell it because my interest have moved elsewhere. The machine is in fine working condition. It includes the Vcarve Pro 6.5 software, Cut 3D 1.11, and the Next Wave software that runs the codes. It also includes 4 clamps and the Shark zero plate. The 2"x4" are just there for sacrifice boards. I am asking $2,250 (cash). I am located in eastern Kentucky. This would have to be a local pickup only. NO DELIVERIES, BUY AS IS, NO SHIPPING. If interested email me at shawnedc@bellsouth.net.

I apologize if I placed this in the wrong section of the forum.
Attachments
IMG_2685.JPG
IMG_2687.JPG
IMG_2689.JPG

Rando

Re: Shark Pro HD CNC For Sale

Post by Rando »

schicks1015:

That's great to hear it served you through the entire time you enjoyed that kind of stuff. Passions change, they grow, and life throws crap at us every single day it seems.
So, it's GREAT to hear you kept her alive all these years and made good use of it.
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Nice looking machine. I hope you find a buyer for it. I need to learn to be better about letting go of past passions that no longer interest me like you're doing. Smart idea.

It would be nice if we had a dedicated buy/sell area of the forum. It'd be a cool place to look for stuff like this and the awesome Rando creations.

Rando

Post by Rando »

Kayvon:

Whatever you do, don't encourage the Rando....!
20210520_123543[1].jpg
20210520_125121[1].jpg
That is the Mach4 ethernet smooth stepper, a 3-port Break-out-Board I'll be replacing with a fully custom one.
Then there are the new power supplies...48V@ 7.3A each axis, all running off 220V. And, 4Nm (560 oz-in) SERVO-stepper
motors running at 10,000 steps / rev, for 0.25 ten-thousandths resolution. Backlash compensating motion control,
servo-driven all the way, bay bay! :ugeek:

Oh yeah....and PROBE CYCLES.

It's the project I'm in now. Currently in board design. The controller will actually encapsulate the original shark
controller so I don't have to futz with the old toolpaths from older projects. Plus, it's fun as heck :mrgreen:

Regards,

Rando

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Rando, ever considered building your own CNC system? You're halfway there already, maybe more.

Rando

Post by Rando »

Isn't that what I'm doing already?

Even the original shark was taken apart and the controller rebuilt because of their terrible design. It was DOA.

When I finally coughed up the $180 to replace the dead ncPod board, they wanted to do it under warranty. I told them no, I modified the board and
need it to modify the next one too. The controller was "mine" long before the first successful cut on the machine.

So, in a sense, "been there, been doing it since day one." :P