X axis doesn’t move

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Pandmgetaways

X axis doesn’t move

Post by Pandmgetaways »

Ran a program on shark sd120, the movement went to far tried to stop it not in time . Tried to reset zero on x,y,z, x did not move but on the pendant it show measurement change . No psychical movement. Don’t no what the problem is or how to fix it.

Rando

Re: X axis doesn’t move

Post by Rando »

Pandmgetaways:

Everything still plugged in? If you swap the X and Y axis cables, does the no-movement problem change to the other axis?

Could be a loose connector, a torn wire (if it REALLY went too far), or a blown driver board.

Either way, your next steps are likely to involve giving Next Wave customer support a phone call.

Regards,

Rando
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

JoLaFrank

Post by JoLaFrank »

I'm a new member and have a similar problem with a Shark Pro. Three times (twice in the last 2 days) I've started a job with Shark CP 2.1 and all is going well but suddenly the router moves toward the start position (0,0,0) before completing the job. When this happens the z-axis position does not change and cuts through the board. I have stopped it with the emergency button then cancelled the job. Using the jog controls, the x- and y-axis controls move the router appropriately but the z-axis is not responsive. The Shark software does indicate an appropriate change in the z-axis position but there is no vertical movement of the router. The problem is corrected by turning the power to the controller off then back on. How might this be caused and resolved--could it be static electricity? Thanks in advance for suggestions. I could not figure how how to post a new topic.

Rando

Post by Rando »

JoLaFrank:

A couple items in your post...the easy one first! Posting a new thread, once you're (registered and) logged in is like shown in this image: The top purple arrow shows the current forum section, so you want to be in the most appropriate place. The bottom purple arrow shows where they have the New Topic (aka Post) button, and what it looks like. Yeah, it can seen a little hidden.
2022-03-31_15-28-58.png
Certainly check that the connectors on the control box are secure and those little thumbscrews are properly tightened down. Vibration might have made your Z-axis come loose.

Another thing to watch for is overheating of the controller innards, especially if your controller doesn't have a fan inside it. The older ones did not, and my system's reliability went WAY up when I cut a hole in the top of the controller box and put a fan in it. Finding a 24V fan used to be a pain...now there's Amazon :D https://www.amazon.com/Wathai-120x120x3 ... ref=sr_1_4

If you think it might be static, I happen to make a kit to solve that issue, because NWA's design not only directly leads to static build-up, but when it does finally zap through, it goes straight to the electronics. You can find that kit at http://thomr.com/2016/05/solve-static-i ... -machines/

Regards,

Rando
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)