PROBLEM SOLVED on faulty SanDisk myth

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

buckjr

PROBLEM SOLVED on faulty SanDisk myth

Post by buckjr »

Hi,
For everyone that may have had this problem and those of you that will in the future, this might be of help. SanDisk needing formatting NOT REPLACEMENT. My situation seems to have mostly been performing pocket cuts. The router suddenly stops in X motion. Will sit there running, upon my return, (Thinking the job should be done of course) NOT. No problem, I say a few choice words, then re-start. Resets nicely back to 0.00 home marks. It's when the problem gets worse. When the router suddenly stops, than 4 seconds later resets X to "0" (at this stopping point) and continues the pocket cutting toolpath. OFFSET of course! Project now wood scrap. I received quite a lot of advice last year when this problem started. Much of which suggested SanDisk replacement. Months and Months later, Now the same problem just raised it's ugly head again. With the help of my friend, a tech head, we figured it out to be the SanDisk. As it has been mentioned before in the forum on similar type problems. What seems to be happening with these disks, over time, g-code information from previous jobs leave behind fragments of information that corrupt the present run. I'm no tech head, so excuse my mis-terminology. We found that re-formatting the SanDisk WORKS! It may even solve other similar problems too. Easy enough to do. Slip the SanDisk into the appropriate slot on your tower or laptop. you may need a card reader adapter that can be bought at Radio Shack. page comes up "FORMAT REMOVABLE DISK ( G ?) UN-CHECK BOX that says Quick Format ( very important ) some reason, faster way doesn't solve this problem. Wait time approx. 10 minutes. That's it! All I know it works for me. No more buying NEW SanDisks. I will be sure to follow up if anything changes with future performance results. A little hindsight kicking in, ...Please inform me if I'm missing any upgrades that would have deleted this problem from ever happening. I have never read of any.

Steve

ArtistInFla

Re: PROBLEM SOLVED on faulty SanDisk myth

Post by ArtistInFla »

Had the same issue. Machine paused then reset x zero to place it paused. I formatted disk and had same issue.

Going to try buying a new disk. 1GB disks are hard to find now!!

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks for the post

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: PROBLEM SOLVED on faulty SanDisk myth

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi - you want to be sure the SD card is fully seated. This may be hard to ensure with the case top on. Turn the control box off and disconnect the power - remove the case and ensure the card is fully seated.

You can use a 2Gb card if you're going to go the 'new' card route.